So, you are welcoming your newborn into the world and wondering about the babywear. With so many options available, it’s easy to get intimidated. You need to ensure that you get best babywear for your newborn to keep them comfortable and cozy all the time. The benefits of babywear go beyond calming an upset baby as well-worn babies have been found to cry less, allowing you more time to attend to other tasks.
We have come up here with some useful tips that will allow you to buy best fit and comfortable babywear for your cute baby.
What to look for in babywear?
- The outfit and accessories for baby girl and baby boy should be purchased keeping safety, comfort and practicality in mind.
- Stay away from the baby girl clothing with bows, ties and rhinestones as these could be potentially choking risks.
- Make sure that all decorations on trendy baby girl clothes are sewed tightly.
- The infant clothing should be easy to get on and off without any wriggling.
- Avoid outfit and accessories for baby girl and boy that pull tightly around their neck, arms and legs, and are not easy to put on your baby.
- The toddler clothes should have loose fitting sleeves so that you can easily put your hand underneath to push the baby’s arm through.
- The baby girl clothing should not have ribbons or strings to wrap around the neck as it may choke your baby.
- Trendy baby girl clothes allow you to snap or zip down both legs for easier diaper changes.
- Trendy baby wear for boys and girls allow you snap the toddler clothing all the way down the front instead of back.
- Age doesn’t matter much when it comes to babywear online shopping as different brands size babywear clothing differently. Many babywear clothing will list both age and weight on their labels.
- Choose the toddler clothing that is machine washable to save your efforts in hand washing. The clothes made with 100% cotton are best as they are not only comfortable and durable but also wash pretty well.
- Label on your baby’s sleepwear will tell you whether it needs to be worn snuggly or if it is fire retardant. The manufacture may have used some chemicals to make the fabrics fire resistant and they can easily get inside your baby if not bound well to the clothing fabric. So, a better alternative would be to choose the all- natural fabrics that all flame retardant too when fit snuggly.
What to shop for cold and hot weather?
In colder weather: Your baby will need multiple layers of clothing. Dress your baby in an undershirt and diaper, and covering with a dressing gown or outfit. Thereafter, the infant can be wrapped in a baby blanket.
In hot weather: The baby’s clothing can be reduced to a single layer. The thumb rule is to wear your baby in one more layer than what you feel comfortable in the same environment.
We have some of the trendiest baby boy outfits for you to choose from, such as:
- Baby boy romper superman long sleeve with smock Halloween Christmas costume
- Boutique kids clothes summer baby boy clothes Mickey toddler boys clothing set, or
- Baby boys clothing sets baby summer products bebe cotton tops + bib shorts 2 pcs suit.
For designer baby girl outfit, you can choose from our below baby wear collection for girls and infants:
- Toddler girls cotton butterfly T-shirt + pants suit set baby girls long sleeve clothing sett
- 1st birthday cake smash outfits infant clothing sets romper + Tutu skirt + flower cap newborn baby suits
- Newly cosplay Halloween toddler baby kid pumpkin print sleeveless romper jumpsuits tops + hats
- Autumn baby girls boys clothes sets infant cotton suits casual style cartoon kids T shirt + pants children suits
Swaddle to make your newborn happier
Babies are normally worn or put in the arms of parents for most of time, and put down only for sleep. You need to swaddle your newborn in a baby blanket to provide them warmth and security while they sleep. You need to be aware of the proper way of swaddling your baby as doing it incorrectly may loosen the baby’s joints and cause damage to the soft cartilage of their hip sockets, leading to hip dysplasia. We have explained below the correct way to swaddling a baby:
- Spread the baby blanket flat with one corner folded down.
- Lay your toddler on the baby blanket face up in a way that their head is placed above the folded corner.
- Afterwards, straighten the left arm of your baby, wrapping the left corner of the baby blanket over their body.
- Tuck the blanket between the right arm and right side of the baby’s body.
- Then you need to tuck the right arm down. Thereafter, fold the right corner of the baby blanket over their body and under the left side of their body.
- Ensure that the blanket is not too tight and the baby is able to move their hips comfortably. You would want to get some of your fingers between the chest of your baby and the swaddle that you just made for her so that they can breathe comfortably and move their neck around with ease.
During the first few weeks, your newborn will spend most of their time wrapped in a receiving blanket. The baby blanket, such as the one available with the Fly Baby Gear - the 100% organic cotton knitted baby blanket for boys girls kids 100 x 80 cm, can be used to swaddle your baby by wrapping them in it comfortably. This Fly Baby Wear blanket will not only provide warmth to your toddler but its slight pressure on you baby when swaddled will also help provide them a sense of security.
Choosing the right size for babywear outfits
Getting the right size for your baby apparels online can be tricky, so here’s our lowdown on buying the right size baby wear, outfit & accessories for baby girl and baby boy as per their weight:
- Tiny baby (up to 2.3 kg)
- New baby (up to 3.4 kg)
- One month old baby (4.5 kg)
- 3 months (up to 6.5 kg)
If your baby is on the smaller or larger side, Fly Baby Wear offers a range of newborn clothing to keep your tiny newborn snuggly. All our newborn and toddler clothes come with soft touch fastenings so that your baby doesn’t get uncomfortable wearing them.
Our range of clothing for the newborn includes:
- Newborn baby boys girls clothes long sleeve cotton T-shirt tops pants hat 3 pcs.
- Autumn baby boy clothes long sleeve top + pants + hat 3 pcs sport suit baby clothing set newborn infant clothing.
- Baby girls long sleeve jumpsuits baby boys infant rompers princess girl sweet knitted overalls infant romper.
- Newborn baby clothes polar fleece infant baby rompers boy and girl long sleeve winter romper overalls baby clothing set.
- Newborn infant baby boy girl clothes warm long sleeve hooded romper fashion baby suit pocket one piece outfit clothing.
Your babywear need not be a costly affair
The outfit and accessories for baby boy and baby girl need not be that expensive affair for you. There are plenty of cut offs that will allow you to save on your toddler and babywear expenses. Here are some tips that will allow you to save significantly on your toddler clothes, baby boy dress, trendy baby girl girls and other outfit and accessories for baby girl.
1.Shop online but not for everything
Limit your shopping to must-have items and avoid unnecessary things such as toys till your toddler is able to play and enjoy with them. Stick to the online retailer that has an extensive babywear collection for you to choose from and also offers you free shipping. Avoid choosing too much as you may end up with a shipment of stuffs that you really didn’t need.
Some of the must haves available at the Fly Baby Wear for your lovely baby that you can order for without paying any shipping costs are:
- New fashion baby boy girl clothing set cotton letter long sleeved T-shirt + striped pants baby clothing set.
- Cartoon long-sleeved T-shirt + pants infant clothes 2 pcs suit.
- Autumn new baby boy clothes set cotton long-sleeved romper + trousers + hat 3 pcs.
- Newborn baby boys baby girls clothes cotton set 2 pcs.
2.Don’t buy babywear clothes that will soon outgrow
Don’t buy the clothes that your toddler will outgrow in few months. Buy the babywear clothing that is one number bigger than your baby size so that you can use them for longer periods of time as you baby grows.
3.Buy at the month-end
Many online babywear stores require their sales staff to meet monthly targets. So, you are likely to catch up with some good offer s and deals from the store staff who are feeling the pressure of meeting their target. If you are buying a pricey piece, such as the baby monitors or strollers, ask the staff if they can throw any extras.
4.Share the stuff
The cost of your baby’s beauty routine, such as shampoos and lotions can add up over time. They could turn out to be more expensive than your own! So, go for the scent-free and gentle stuff that could be used by both –you and your baby.
5.Check with your employer for perks
You might not be aware of a childcare program offered by your employer. So, just give a ring to the HR, and they might have something to offer you that will allow you to use pre-tax money to pay for the child care. Even if there isn’t such a program or you don’t qualify for the one, just talk to your office accountant to explore the possibility of taking advantage of child and dependent care tax credit.
6.Call your insurance provider
To offset the cost of your babywear collection, check with your insurance carrier if the expenses are partly covered in your plan. If they won’t pay for a brand you are set for, see the manufacture’s site, and you might get the help you want.
Let’s have a look at the washing care for baby clothes
Follow the below for best results:
Read the label instructions
If the babywear clothes have a label, you are most likely to see wash care instructions on it, such as if the clothing could be machine-washed and the ideal water temperature. Babywear manufacturers often come with baby safe steps for washing the clothes. Follow them to keep your baby’s clothing in good condition for long.
Choosing the detergent
A baby detergent is often unable to remove hard stains. As per the American Academy of Pediatrics, it’s safe to use regular detergents as long as your baby does not have allergies. So, you can use regular detergent to wash your baby’s clothes but take care that it does not have conditioning chemicals, intense fragrance or added colors. You can always find the detergents that are specially formulated for babywear wash without leaving any allergenic residues.
However, if your baby has skin allergies, use baby detergent to wash your babywear collection. Go for a baby detergent variant which is specifically formulated for the infants with skin conditions. If your toddler has milder skin conditions, a regular liquid detergent can safely be used because it rinses easily compared to the power-based ones.
Baby’s clothes should be washed separately from the household garments to prevent the dirt gathering into the baby’s clothes, thus mitigating the chances of allergy.
Wash before use
If you purchased the clothes before the arrival of your newborn into this world, just wash them before putting on your baby.
A word on fabric softeners and dryer sheets
Fabric softeners are used to soften the cloth material while dryer sheets are placed in an electric dryer to prevent the buildup of static electricity. Both of these items are chemicals that can irritate the tender skin of your baby. Moreover, the fragrance used in babywear washing could be upsetting to them. Experts are not in favor of using the fabric softeners and dryer sheets as these will make your baby prone to irritation and allergies.
Unfastened Velcro will lose the stickiness easily as its little hooks will be damaged by the dryer’s heat and friction. So, take care to fasten any Velcro enclosure and tabs before putting them into the washing machine.
Sunlight is chemical free
Use hot water and sunlight to disinfect your babywear clothing as these are naturally chemical free.
Wash the diapers and undergarments regularly to protect them from germs and keep their clothes squeaky-clean.
Pediatricians agree that infants thrive through touch. Baby wearing allows you to meet that need of your baby while freeing you to attend other tasks.
Fly Baby Wear has a lot more choices for you to choose from in babywear collection including rompers, jumpsuits, baby blankets, hoodies, unique baby boy outfit, shoes and baby monitor. All our featured products are made with baby friendly fabric and designed to provide them utmost comfort and coziness. We offer free shipping and process your orders in the quickest time so that you get your stuff at your doorstep in the minimum time possible. Just browse our babywear collection to choose your selection.